Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Final Farewell to my Walden friends


Three deep felt learnings from this program:


1.      Respect is a vital part of all communication. You need to have respect to build trust and trust to build a relationship.  Through this class I have learned to look inward and understand my place in the world and how my experiences have influenced my perceptions.  I have learned about what I have to say to better understand how it my be heard by someone with different values and cultural them myself.  I have learned to use language that is inclusive of all families.

2.      Education is a commitment to continual improvement.  Through this program I have gained the skills to research and review article in my field tha twill help me to stay current on best practices in early childhood education.  I have learned that education is simply a choice to keep learning and improving.

3.      I have learned that anything is possible.  My collaborating with others in this field I now know that great things can be accomplished.  Together we are stronger than any single person or agency.

 My long-term goal

            My goals are to mentor new teachers in this field through my work at Head Start.  I hope to continue to move up in responsibility within my agency and perhaps one day work for Head Start on the Federal level.

Farewell Message


 
We have all been together on a wonderful journey that has consumed the last almost two years.  It seems so long ago that we started out and I remember looking at the list of classes and wondering how I would ever accomplish all of that while working full-time and still spend time with my family.  I took a picture of my Granddaughters when I started school and I kept it as my computer screen saver to help remind me how quickly we were algrowing. 

Here are the same two girls 22 months later

 
To Dr. Terri Davis, thanks for all our help in fine tuning my APA.  Thanks for putting up with all my questions about the project and your feedback.  I have enjoyed this class and you are an awesome teacher. 

As Nelson Mandela once said, “ It only seems impossible until its done”.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Stacie,
I have an in "addition to" thought to yours in wanting to mentor individuals. I would like to see more people get involved continuing their education in education so we can see positive effects in all the areas we explored through this program of study.
I love the before and after pics of the grand kids as a reminder/motivator, that is touching. Best wishes, you are important!

DeWana said...

Stacie,
I feel that we have taken this journey together and I almost hate to see it end. You are right when you stated that we all have to understand and RESPECT others regardless of the culture, history, religion, or gender. Our world cannot survive. Please keep in touch as you continue your journey forward.

Early Childhood said...


Hello Stacie,
Well said that education is a choice to keep learning and improving quality of life. In order to work effectively people need to know how to communicate with each other to improve their skills and be efficient in the environment. They value themselves and finally make people understand that their contributions matter. Thanks for your thoughtful opinions and contributions in our discussions.